Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Yesterday evening- Devos

Every Monday night I have the opportunity to attend devotionals/worship with the Bible school and Music School students. It is an amazing time of worshiping our King together and praying with and for one another. Lately they have even provided the words to follow with, which many of us are blessed by to really understand and praise along with the locals. During the worship we took time to pray over the girls that joined us from the high school. While sitting in my seat praying I was reminded of Jeremiah 1:5-10 and I knew God wanted me to pray it over them. I felt Him tell me to get up and walk over to them and pray over them. So... I did that.  I prayed over their identity in Christ and praying that they would not believe "I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth" but proclaim the truth.

5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” But the Lord said to me,
“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;
for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,
declares the Lord.”
Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me,
“Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.
10 See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms,
to pluck up and to break down,
to destroy and to overthrow,
to build and to plant.”


No comments:

Post a Comment