Thursday, April 25, 2013

---


2 students playing on my classroom shelf

   This month is not like any other, it is completely new. I will not be treating this month like the last. I wont be treating this day like yesterday. This new day is full of new promises, opportunities, and struggles. We welcome it all with joy.
   Every day here at Rancho Sordo Mudo I wake up and can not predict how the day will happen, how things will turn out. I know God goes before me, has already planned the day, and wants to guide me through it. Sometimes I just do not let Him... He is there but I am not seeking. With the fights in class, the time outs every 5 minutes, emotional toddlers and teenagers all in one room learning to communicate instead of fight, I gotta say it is easy for me to get distracted. And sadly because of my flesh and my wants I get distracted.
    I know God wants me to welcome all of those things and let him help me. When crazy life is happening I can look to Him for guidance, look to Him for power. Allow Him to work in and through it all.
   It is time to be quiet. I am enjoying just staying quiet. Looking for Him and asking Him what I should do, how I should respond or maybe I shouldn't respond. Waiting on Him to speak. Looking to include Him in every situation. He is teaching me to enjoy solitude. And it is so good for me.


Life is unexpected. One thing remains the same day to day... that never changes. You Lord cover me. You have covered our sin since the beginning of time, back in Genesis with Adam and Eve. Even after they sinned You Yahweh had compassion... Genesis 3:21 "And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them"... all the way to the Passover with the disciples, sharing communion. (Mark 14: 12-25) I'm sure the disciples were confused not having the passover lamb on the table. It was not on the table because the Lamb was at the table. The same Lamb of God that John the Baptist was talking about as Jesus walked toward John to get baptized (John 1:29). Jesus covered us ultimately with His love on that tree. Wow.

We are covered.
Now we can walk boldly and radically in the promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment